Saludos

I warmed the bench through my two-year college career and part of my three-year high school one as a concussion-prone goalkeeper, and was the big bully on the field on my select team during my last few years of high school. I didn't get into soccer as early as some, didn't play through my full career, and am now warming an office chair while hungrily getting back into the sport--and wishing I had spent more 90-minute periods on the pitch.

The two club teams I follow, I follow from the back. Petr Cech of Chelsea and Gianluigi Buffon of Juventus are goalies I particularly respect and admire. I follow Chelsea the closest, and catch the white and black boys when I can.

I listen or watch whatever I can-big clubs, small clubs, national teams. By nationality, I support the United States. By blood, I also root for Italy. And because I love several of the players, I'll cheer Spain on if they aren't playing any of the other two.

I'm hoping to have some good, quality thoughts and discussion on this blog--not rumors, necessarily, but thoughts on the sport and the culture.

Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. You need to pay more attention to Latin American football too, girl.

    ReplyDelete